Share you ideas for RoverCraft :D

Derek Gatsby
5th March 2015, 10:54
More squares more flexibility?

Spacebiker
5th March 2015, 18:37
More squares more flexibility?
That's general.
Maybe you can suggest some new rover parts?

Dustin Mask
16th March 2015, 23:11
Make forum so we can post pics of designs

Spacebiker
18th March 2015, 14:47
Make forum so we can post pics of designs
I see you did. Are you able to attach images to post?

Kyle Brooks
7th April 2015, 21:20
How about making the gauges at the bottom transparent, sometimes it's hard to see what's ahead of you.

Kyle Brooks
7th April 2015, 21:32
Two more ideas:
1) how about larger sized tires...possibly a monster truck tire.

2) at the top of the screen where is shows how many meters your at, maybe add on to that and list how many meters your last crash was at. Possibly to help with your next run.

Spacebiker
8th April 2015, 08:09
1) how about larger sized tires...possibly a monster truck tire.

We already have sketches for 2x2 cell wheels :)

2) at the top of the screen where is shows how many meters your at, maybe add on to that and list how many meters your last crash was at. Possibly to help with your next run.
Maybe show meters to the finish and to the record?

Kyle Brooks
8th April 2015, 23:35
Any thoughts on the transparent gauges?

Spacebiker
9th April 2015, 14:42
Any thoughts on the transparent gauges?
Make them somehow transparent and you won't see anything on them cus they will blend with background.
We better redesign them.

Kieran Eusden
12th April 2015, 08:44
Any chance you could change the failure state for out of energy? I've had it a few times on daily challenges where I've got the failure screen when I run out of power, only to watch my craft glide into the finish in the background!

Nicholas Iovine
13th April 2015, 03:34
How about an option to save rover designs so they can be used again later.

Spacebiker
15th April 2015, 06:04
Any chance you could change the failure state for out of energy? I've had it a few times on daily challenges where I've got the failure screen when I run out of power, only to watch my craft glide into the finish in the background!

This was fixed in recently released update (1.6.1)

Spacebiker
15th April 2015, 06:04
How about an option to save rover designs so they can be used again later.
This one is on the roadmap.
We are going to do save slots for rovers.

Ehren Hill
18th May 2015, 20:12
It would be great to see different substances like ice, water, sand and really rocky terrain and particular wheels to go along with the different types of terrains. Water: rover sinks in it. Ice:less traction. Sand slower. Rocky: the need to take a carefull approach.

How about solar panels on new levels that don't have energy refills to require the most efficient vehicle even if it is slow?

How about time based tracks with checkpoints?

How about miniature components that would take 1/4 block: batteries, turbines, gyros and skull crates...?

Spacebiker
19th May 2015, 06:21
It would be great to see different substances like ice, water, sand and really rocky terrain and particular wheels to go along with the different types of terrains. Water: rover sinks in it. Ice:less traction. Sand slower. Rocky: the need to take a carefull approach.
Snow and ice are coming with next update on Neptune and Uranus planets.

How about solar panels on new levels that don't have energy refills to require the most efficient vehicle even if it is slow?
Quite nice idea. Will direct it to the team.

How about time based tracks with checkpoints?
We are working on a timed event tracks.

How about miniature components that would take 1/4 block: batteries, turbines, gyros and skull crates...?
We didn't think about smaller parts :) Some big 2x2 cells wheels are on a roadmap.

Jordan Evans
6th June 2015, 22:01
Maybe add:
Encased Drivers Area ( Survives X amount of falls untill breaking )
Cosmetics have a minor effect on gameplay
More Maps
Map creator?
Hover Wheels (Very Weak but easier to get by rough terrian)
Bigger building area
Races ( other player/s are ghosted and matched up by their class A, B, C, ect)
Painting Parts
More ways to get coins (daily challages that you do in worlds like 12 backflips)
Bigger Wheels ( XL )
Different fuels ( Petrol more power, more consumption ect)
Encasing the hull so it looks just like a rover, not tons of parts hollow

Spacebiker
8th June 2015, 09:04
Maybe add:
Encased Drivers Area ( Survives X amount of falls untill breaking )
More Maps
Hover Wheels (Very Weak but easier to get by rough terrian)
Bigger Wheels ( XL )
Cosmetics have a minor effect on gameplay
These are already on roadmap in some kind.

Map creator?

Thought about this. Maybe we will release one sometime.

Bigger building area

Really that needed?

Races ( other player/s are ghosted and matched up by their class A, B, C, ect)

Update 1.9 will have world-wide tournaments for rovercrafters. We are already doing this in parallel with small 1.8 update.

Painting Parts
More ways to get coins (daily challages that you do in worlds like 12 backflips)
Different fuels ( Petrol more power, more consumption ect)

Thanks for new ideas.

Encasing the hull so it looks just like a rover, not tons of parts hollow

Examples?

Cowboy_rob
11th June 2015, 10:37
Share you ideas for RoverCraft :D

Bigger building area.
Arrows to move the rover in the build area. If you decide you want the front longer but your too close to the edge of the build space you have to move all the blocks individually
Save slots for different rover designs
Springy suspension parts

Mike49311m
11th June 2015, 12:24
How about some kind of engine noise? I know there is the power gauge but my gas cuts out a lot (I think it's an issue with my otterbox screen cover) and it would be helpful to have a auditory cue as to when I'm no longer under power

oscarstein
12th June 2015, 06:59
Put more secrets, I was able to climb the wall behind me in reverse, and found nothing but empty abyss. I was hoping to find a secret... : ( instead of roulette you should make incredibly hard to earn the parts.

insane.de
13th June 2015, 12:56
are u planning to release the game on android too? some of my pals with android phones like this game too, unfortuneatley its only playable on iOS devices

Turbocomppro
14th June 2015, 08:39
Springy suspension parts

If you make your links with the triangle parts, it is very springy.

RedRoverRedRover
15th June 2015, 00:40
I had an idea for a part, well a few actually.

1) Decoupler: A button that allows a part to detach a module from the rest of the rover. This would allow users to detach a part of it limits travel through an area that may be restricting in its verticall clearance. Or if a part is projected to be damaged, and therefore rendered ineffective, it could be decoupled to maximize the weight to useful equipment ratio.

2) Piston: A special block equipment that can be used to push a block that is either fixed to it, or used to push away a foreign block that is not fixed to it.

Spacebiker
15th June 2015, 08:11
Bigger building area.
Arrows to move the rover in the build area. If you decide you want the front longer but your too close to the edge of the build space you have to move all the blocks individually
Save slots for different rover designs
Springy suspension parts

We are going to make the cockpit moveable with all connected parts.

Spacebiker
15th June 2015, 08:11
How about some kind of engine noise? I know there is the power gauge but my gas cuts out a lot (I think it's an issue with my otterbox screen cover) and it would be helpful to have a auditory cue as to when I'm no longer under power
Yes, sounds and music need more love.

Spacebiker
15th June 2015, 08:14
are u planning to release the game on android too? some of my pals with android phones like this game too, unfortuneatley its only playable on iOS devices
Yes, this year ;)

Spacebiker
15th June 2015, 08:14
I had an idea for a part, well a few actually.

1) Decoupler: A button that allows a part to detach a module from the rest of the rover. This would allow users to detach a part of it limits travel through an area that may be restricting in its verticall clearance. Or if a part is projected to be damaged, and therefore rendered ineffective, it could be decoupled to maximize the weight to useful equipment ratio.

2) Piston: A special block equipment that can be used to push a block that is either fixed to it, or used to push away a foreign block that is not fixed to it.

Nice ideas. Thanks.

Bestia
16th June 2015, 06:25
There's should be a place where people can upload thier Rovers as a show case and people could test it out and buy a copy of it and the owner could win coins that way

Megapeyt
5th July 2015, 14:09
Activation groups for certain things
I.e.
Activation group 1 activates rear mounted thrusters
Activation group 2 activates a thruster mounted at the front of the rover so as to push the front end down and provide more front wheel drive traction.

Have the two be either operated independently or together at the same time.

Tank treads? Maybe 4 or 5 blocks long and 1 block tall? Have them have more traction than the tenacious wheels but VERY slow?

Everyone else covered my input, sounds, paints, save slots, solar panels, more challenges, etc.

And please for the love of god get rid of the 100 coin slot on the wheel of fortune. That maybe the most frustrating thing about the game

Atyacke
5th July 2015, 21:21
It would be nice not to lose a level for running out of energy, when my rover still has enough momentum to get to the next charge point and/ or the end of the level.

Spacebiker
6th July 2015, 07:52
There's should be a place where people can upload thier Rovers as a show case and people could test it out and buy a copy of it and the owner could win coins that way

We have a Rover Gallery feature on a roadmap.
It will show the recent rovers that completed the planet and there would be the ability to construct the same one and try.

Delon123
8th July 2015, 08:29
Here are some ideas:
-Make an option to save different Rover layouts. Let us save our creation and build another. You start off with 3 save slots, and can buy more with coin.
-Make more levels that require a certain wheel type or a certain frame so we are forced to build differently. When going over the level area there should be bullet points saying what type of frames or wheels are needed. (Don't do this on existing levels, do it on future levels)
-Stars. A level should be completed in a certain time. it would be more fun having to repeat levels so that I can get a higher score rather than only getting coins. Also, getting 5 stars gives you a lot of money (but make it hard), and you get extra coins depending on the amounts of stars you got.
-Not only stars, make this game more competitive. When I play I feel like I'm playing a single player game. Though it is a single player game, there should be a "Weekly Challenge" where there is a custom built map (by you guys). There should be a leaderboard. For example, when the week is over, players 1-5 on the leaderboard get (high amount of money). Players 6-60 get (medium amount of money). Players 61+ get (low amount of money).
-Make costumes that give perks such as a helmet that gives you 10% more coins after finishing a level. Or pants that give 5% more energy capacity.
-please just way more levels. I have an idea to make a really large level and increasing the building limits of the Rover, but only for that level. And levels don't only have to be planets they can be really random things. You already did this though with Charon, Pandora etc. which are cool.
-increase the amount of times we can upgrade an item
-I am having a hard time of thinking of new items you can add but try if you can
-possibly add multiplayer so you can race others in maps. The other person in the game will look like a ghost and be transparent.
-I spent 100,000 dollars on the accelerator (I believe that's what it's called) and it was the biggest waste. It literally does what the boosters do, but you can't control it, upgrade it, or buy more than 1 of. I was so pissed I wasted that much money which Is REALLY hard to get.

I will post more later

Delon123
8th July 2015, 09:03
-Please make the amount of time it takes for the game to end after running out of fuel longer

-New part: Engine. Though there is already an energy block and an exhaust, the engine should be able to add. There should be many different kinds, which all do different things. One engine's stats would be "15% more fuel, 7% more wheel power"

-New feature- Preview. I bought the 100,000 coin accelerator and was utterly dissapointed. We should be able to preview what the item would do, like putting it on our rover for a level, but you won't get any coins for the level so you can't cheat

-CONCEPT IDEA: Water
Even though you already have a water level (Uranus, Neptune), in this level, you should be able to go into the water and sink down. When you sink down there will still be platform for you to drive on, but it will be much more difficult without buying the right things for your rover

Item: Air Tank. the air tank is like energy, but for underwater.

Item: New Cockpit. This cockpit looks like a submarine and is designed specifically for the water level, and the only way to pass the water level is with the new cockpit

-New Feature- paint. Let us paint the color of our items with coins. They should be cheap like 100 coins.

-CONCEPT IDEA: Leveling System.
Let us level up. Every time we do a backflip or complete a level or get airtime, we should get Experience Points. When we get a certain amount of XP, we level up

The amount of coins you get at the end of a level is dictated by your level. If you are a level 1, you get the normal amount of coins. If you are level 40, you get an extremely higher amount of coins

Your level also dictates how many coins you can get in a Roullete wheel. For example, a level 1 would get the normal 100,500,1000 etc.
But a level 20 should get a 1000,5000,10000

This would be very helpful because if you have almost everything fully upgraded and it costs 20,000 dollars to upgrade something, getting 100 coins in the Roullete machine is so pointless. After a certain amount of game progression the Roullete machine is WORTHLESS.

- New Feature-Daily Objectives. Like the daily challenge, but instead it is on the normal levels. The objective would be like "get 5 seconds of airtime for 1000 coins" or "do 2 back flips in one game for 1000 coins". I would recommend having 3 daily objective for each level, and you don't have to complete the level to be able to finish the objective.

-though you already did earth, I have some level recommendations

Forest- a level with trees in the background and anything else you add

Beach- a level on a beach

Volcano- though you already have Venus, more levels wouldn't hurt. A volcano on earth.

Himalayas- the world famous snow mountain range on earth. Though you have Neptune and Uranus, that is more watery since it's blue. Make this level pure white and even add SNOWFALLING from the sky

-New Idea: MOVABLE OBJECTS
They don't benefit you in any way, they are merely just obstacle, but maybe you can add movable objects. Like on a rocky level add some rocks that can be moved.

Adding to that, I think it would be SO COOL to have a level where there is a giant boulder chasing you and If you go to slow to get crushed.

-Level Idea
I think there should be a level such as Venus, where there is lava. But here is the catch: the lava is rising up. The level should only go in an upwards. But while you are going up, lava is rising up, and you have to do it fast

Delon123
9th July 2015, 01:26
Increase the limit of all the frames

Megapeyt
10th July 2015, 17:58
Still waiting for feedback on activation groups.

And eagerly awaiting an update where the sound files get the love they so desperately need.

Dan Ross
11th July 2015, 04:01
Suggestions:
1) Either allow designs to be saved or keep separate starting designs on each level. If I design a rover for Mars, chances are I want a different one for Earth etc without having to rebuild the Mars one if I go back! Or just allow design saving.
2) Add arrows to the open block design matrix to allow shifting of the whole rover up, down or side to side. As it is you have to move it piece by piece. For reference, see Bad Piggies as they have just such a tool.
3) Add a graphic on the design screen for total power (batteries etc) and total consumption (wheel energy use) for reference
4) It would be nice to show a map of upcoming terrain for planets as far as you have explored previously. Eg if my max distance is 400m have a side scrolling map showing terrain ahead until I get to uncharted territory
Thanks!
D

Spacebiker
13th July 2015, 09:33
Increase the limit of all the frames
There is already plenty of frames.

And thanks for other feedback, we found a bunch of interesting things.

Spacebiker
13th July 2015, 09:51
Suggestions:
1) Either allow designs to be saved or keep separate starting designs on each level. If I design a rover for Mars, chances are I want a different one for Earth etc without having to rebuild the Mars one if I go back! Or just allow design saving.
2) Add arrows to the open block design matrix to allow shifting of the whole rover up, down or side to side. As it is you have to move it piece by piece. For reference, see Bad Piggies as they have just such a tool.
3) Add a graphic on the design screen for total power (batteries etc) and total consumption (wheel energy use) for reference
4) It would be nice to show a map of upcoming terrain for planets as far as you have explored previously. Eg if my max distance is 400m have a side scrolling map showing terrain ahead until I get to uncharted territory
Thanks!
D

1) Rover garage in coming in 1.10 version
2) We were going to somehow let the player to move the whole construction
3) Do you think that would help anyhow?
4) Coming in 1.11 for sure

And here is the concept for minimap

ViolatedDolphin
16th July 2015, 06:14
Not sure if it's been suggested already but having live statistics of your rover while you build it would be nice. Like weight, total power, top speed, etc.

jd260184
17th July 2015, 10:35
Anyway of fitting in a distance bar so you can see how far it is to the end of the level?

Bagleng
20th July 2015, 19:01
Allow us to go back and replay old daily challenges

Spacebiker
21st July 2015, 06:21
Allow us to go back and replay old daily challenges
The daily challenges system is being revamped.
They will be all available to play/replay.

Spacebiker
21st July 2015, 06:21
Anyway of fitting in a distance bar so you can see how far it is to the end of the level?
There will be a minimap soon.

WAT1976
22nd July 2015, 16:31
Game Center does not seem to be updating times on the leaderboards.

Spacebiker
23rd July 2015, 06:29
Game Center does not seem to be updating times on the leaderboards.
We will look into this.

WAT1976
29th July 2015, 00:51
Any luck figuring out this issue? I can get no response from the in-game help or Mobirate support.

Spacebiker
29th July 2015, 06:05
Any luck figuring out this issue? I can get no response from the in-game help or Mobirate support.
We are looking into this.
Some time ago someone also noticed that but on our side it was ok. Maybe Apple servers lag.

WAT1976
29th July 2015, 11:39
An eight day server lag to update scores seams excessive. Thank you for working on the problem.

WAT1976
30th July 2015, 02:32
The problem seems to be only with Mercury. I was able to set a new time on the leaderboard in Venus, but my new times will not post to Mercury. Is there something wrong with Mercury?

jlanelson
16th August 2015, 23:00
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, so I'll throw it out there: why not a level at dusk and a level at night? The change in lighting would make for more mystery and excitement for what lies ahead.

Also...what do you think of adding a hover module that would allow the Rovercraft to hover for a limited time?